Electrical wiring acts as the circulatory system of your home, carrying essential power through every room. Often, we take our wiring for granted and don’t think too much of it, which is fine when everything is flowing as it should. When there is a problem or a concern, it’s essential you call our electricians for electrical rewiring as soon as possible. MSS Ortiz Electrical in Durham is ready to help!
Schedule Durham Home Electrical Wiring & Rewiring Today
Signs You Need Electrical Rewiring
Faulty and outdated wiring is a serious safety hazard, responsible for power surges that can damage your electronics and appliances and increasing the risk of fire. If your home is older, and you’re not sure about the condition of your wiring and electrical panel, it’s always a good idea to consider an electrical safety inspection. Regardless of the age of your home, if you notice any of the following signs, contact our office immediately:
- Dimming or flickering lights – These are a sign that too much is wired into one circuit or an appliance or heater is pulling energy from the circuit.
- Circuits that trip frequently
- Strange odors or sparks coming from an outlet, your fuse box, or your electrical panel
- Frayed or damaged wires
- Heat coming from an outlet or light switch plate – Even if an appliance that heats up, like a space heater, is plugged into it, the outlet itself should never be hot.
- Buzzing sounds from an outlet are a sign that a loose prong, a short in a wire, or a faulty outlet is causing the current to jump.
- Your outlets near water faucets are not GFCI outlets.
Our electricians can troubleshoot your wiring issues, diagnosing the problem quickly and providing you with a reliable solution that will keep your home safe.
Electrical Wiring for Updates and Upgrades
In addition to providing emergency electrical wiring repairs, our electricians can help you with residential wiring for home improvement projects and updates, including:
- Running new wires for additional lighting, outlets, and switches.
- Adding or updating exterior wiring for lighting or decorations.
- Rewiring overcrowded circuits to reduce the electrical load on one circuit.
- Updating existing wires to ensure code compliance before a home inspection.
- Running conduits or hiding wires for aesthetic purposes.
- Running wires during an extensive home remodel.
- Electrical remodel for new technology installations.
Contact Us for Electrical Wiring in Durham
Whether you simply want to relocate an overhead light or you need an electrical remodel, we can help. Since 1984, MSS-Ortiz Electrical Services has helped people in and around Durham with electrical wiring and other electrical services. To get a quote or schedule service, contact us today at (919) 382-0832 or schedule an appointment.