Before you sell your home, rent out a property, or begin a remodel, contact our licensed electricians for an electrical safety inspection in your Durham home or business. Not only will this prevent expensive delays and reduce liability issues, it will also reduce the risk of fire. The Consumer Product Safety Commission has determined that electrical problems are the leading cause of property damage in house fires in the U.S., often due to electrical wiring.
What Is an Electrical Safety Inspection
During an electrical safety inspection, a licensed electrician will examine and inspect each aspect of your home’s electrical system, including, but not limited to:
- Wiring, specifically looking for outdated or damaged wiring.
- Electrical panels
- Fuse boxes or circuit breakers to look for oversized fuses or overloaded breakers.
- Large components and appliances to determine if the outlet is appropriate.
- Electrical outlets (both interior and exterior), specifically looking for GFCI outlets and grounded outlets, in addition to ensuring they are functional and safe.
An inspection ensures that the electrical components and system are safe, working correctly, and meet the National Electrical Code and local regulations. By having this done, an electrician can spot problems before they worsen into more expensive issues or turn into fire and safety hazards.
When Does Your Home Need an Electrical Safety Inspection?
Home and property owners should contact our electricians for an electrical inspection during the following events:
- Before renting out a home or putting it on the market to ensure everything is safe and up to code.
- When a home is over 40 years old or you expect there may be outdated components.
- When you’re buying a home.
- Before or after a home has had a large renovation or remodel.
Schedule Your Electrical Safety Inspection Today
If you want to make sure your home is safe and reduce your risk of electrical problems and fire, our Durham electricians can help! Contact us today at (919) 382-0832 or schedule an appointment.